The Unknown, that made me fall for the strings

Title:The unknown that made me fall for the strings.


I woke up two hours earlier than my Alarms beep..let's see: the last time something like this happened, I got an increase in my salary,that was seven years ago_I'm a deep sleeper. So what will it be this time?
Yesterday was a messy Monday,firstly I drank a cold cup of coffee, which I hate so much, then I got hooked up in traffic and that got me;late to work,query from boss,and piled up assignments.
Right now,I feel there is this kind of glue between the sheets and I_"what will happen today? Any goodwill? well maybe my week won't be totally ruined"all these thoughts and suggestions clamped up in my mind. I gawkily convince myself to take a shower, after which I have some toast and drink my coffee_steaming hot,with an extra cube of sugar to it.
Dry and frizzy Morning, business men and women taking swift steps to the bus stops and train station,today I didn't feel like taking a bus,I wanted to walk through the neighbourhood and feel what the Morning breeze was like there,give some beggars money,and probably wish some fellas goodwill.
"Good Morning Mr.Julps"
I greet the old gardener with a kiss
"Morning, Angel of the noon"
"What's that? I asked reffering to the name
" a t.v series my 5 year old,allowed me to watch yesterday night.
"Ohw Mr.Julps" I smiled and waved a goodbye.
Trekking further I caught the sight of mothers kissing their kids goodbye as they were about entering the school bus.
Some others trekked with their mates to school ,while some went with their bicycle.
"The good old days" I smile to myself
About turning on another lane,I felt a sound steal my heart ,firstly I thought it was a stereo,but the voice sounded more raw and real.I move closer to the fence I think the voice is piercing through, and there,the baritone melts my heart,not alone the voice was accompanied by an instrument_The guitar, I felt the sensure it gave, the burdens and worries taken off,its beauty I felt in my soul.The strings gave me life again, cause it had life in it,I felt my spirit soar to the sky,I spread my wings like an eagle,I fought every battle and won,I perched beautifully on flowers just like a butterfly,all in my imagination.
I do not listen often,but when I say I love a song,it must be good music.
This time I didn't only love the song,I love the singer too...Who's this singer? I try peeping in the fence but I see no one
All I keep hearing is the "ting ting tingof the guitar .
" You're running late ma'am" a jogger shouts as he runs along.
Oh no,this isn't happening again" i gasp at my watch,I'm 2mins late already.
I take a taxi straight to work,replaying the words of the singer in my head.
"And here comes the queen of the coast" a colleague shouts on my arrival at the business,and others gather round,
"This is unusual, it isn't my birthday, is it? I ask confused " even if it is I will have gotten a reminder "I answered humorously.
" No,baby girl it's more than a birthday! You won the contract!!
"Oh my goodness,you mean the Dalton's contract?
" of course yea"another shouted
"Congrats girl"
I've been working on these for over 6Months now,I finally won the contract for the company, this meant vacation to my choice destination, and lots of freebies.
I said it! Something smelt good about today.

_Tammy

Comments