DEPRESSION
This is a topic I have been shying away from for quite some times because of some dark pasts.
Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behaviour, feelings, and sense of well-being.
A depressed mood is a normal temporary reaction to life events such as loss of a loved one.
Many youths are walking about with fake smiles on their faces and deep within their souls they are sad and empty, they feel hopeless, helpless, dejected and worthless.
Few years ago I got blindsided by a major depression. I have never dealt with one before in my life so I never understand what was wrong with me and my moods, in fact I could never understand why some people kill themselves, you can't blame meI was just a teen back then starting to see life the way it is.
Now I understand that depression is a normal aspect of life, it is a disease of the mind just as malaria is to the flesh. Now I understand how they feel when people say they are struggling with one.
When this depression of mine hit me, I had no clue how to get about it. I was isolated from everyone. Being an introvert, I couldn't open up to anyone.
How it started I do not know but I know it got worse during admission saga, especially when I wrote an Olevel exam, NECO/GCE and I had a straight f9 because the examination board detected that many did examination malpractices at that centre.
F9, I have only heard such tales. I was devastated, the most painful thing about it was that whatever I study before each paper always comes out. I got home that day and then I shouted "I am no more going to school again, bleep school!"
A car almost ran over me as I was going home that day because I was no more myself
Depression isolated me from my family and friends. I would sit alone in the dark, not thinking but just looking into the blank space. If you're a sadist, your chance of getting depress is very high because you will choice to have no friends. I continued in this for years, bearing my pain alone.
Does depression stay forever?
It can, it almost ruined my life but I learn that the best way to fight it is having good friends, the ones you can confide in.
Depression strive better when you're alone, isolated, shut off from the world. It fight better in the dark, you can only get out of it by seeking solution.
Get help, ask people you can trust and research. Depression kills, it has been killing and it would still do.
I have a friend who also suffered depression, we both walked through it.
There are days we are happy but it doesn't last and then we plunge back hard into the deep dirty waters of depression.
We aren't sure we are out of it yet but we fight it everyday by getting around good people
RELATED
9 ways to beat your inner critic
Resistance: inner critic
This is a topic I have been shying away from for quite some times because of some dark pasts.
Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behaviour, feelings, and sense of well-being.
A depressed mood is a normal temporary reaction to life events such as loss of a loved one.
Many youths are walking about with fake smiles on their faces and deep within their souls they are sad and empty, they feel hopeless, helpless, dejected and worthless.
Few years ago I got blindsided by a major depression. I have never dealt with one before in my life so I never understand what was wrong with me and my moods, in fact I could never understand why some people kill themselves, you can't blame meI was just a teen back then starting to see life the way it is.
Now I understand that depression is a normal aspect of life, it is a disease of the mind just as malaria is to the flesh. Now I understand how they feel when people say they are struggling with one.
When this depression of mine hit me, I had no clue how to get about it. I was isolated from everyone. Being an introvert, I couldn't open up to anyone.
How it started I do not know but I know it got worse during admission saga, especially when I wrote an Olevel exam, NECO/GCE and I had a straight f9 because the examination board detected that many did examination malpractices at that centre.
F9, I have only heard such tales. I was devastated, the most painful thing about it was that whatever I study before each paper always comes out. I got home that day and then I shouted "I am no more going to school again, bleep school!"
A car almost ran over me as I was going home that day because I was no more myself
Depression isolated me from my family and friends. I would sit alone in the dark, not thinking but just looking into the blank space. If you're a sadist, your chance of getting depress is very high because you will choice to have no friends. I continued in this for years, bearing my pain alone.
Does depression stay forever?
It can, it almost ruined my life but I learn that the best way to fight it is having good friends, the ones you can confide in.
Depression strive better when you're alone, isolated, shut off from the world. It fight better in the dark, you can only get out of it by seeking solution.
Get help, ask people you can trust and research. Depression kills, it has been killing and it would still do.
I have a friend who also suffered depression, we both walked through it.
There are days we are happy but it doesn't last and then we plunge back hard into the deep dirty waters of depression.
We aren't sure we are out of it yet but we fight it everyday by getting around good people
RELATED
9 ways to beat your inner critic
Resistance: inner critic


Comments
Post a Comment