PEN STORY OF A MENTOR

Here it is:

Sometimes back in 2012, I hit the bottom, so, there was nothing to do, nor direction or any sense of it, so, I started a search for TALENT as I realized that when everything fails, TALENT IS ALL THAT IS LEFT, AND WILL NEVER FAIL. One can't be sacked from his TALENT or SKILLS, but from every other like jobs... I searched, asked questions, I couldn't find it, and all along, it had already found me as it had been there all the while but I didn't know it. The irony of life is most of the things we have been searching for, information has it that they already found us, we are just yet to identify or discover them.

I got angry in my room outta frustration and I screamed GOD what is it, show me my TALENT. Many of us identified it easily, and many of us just found ourselves in it. Suddenly, it was like some scales dropped off my eyes, i never knew the meaning of the scale falling off the disciples eyes unti i experienced the same. Some sort of calmness followed, and I became conscious of just myself and the table in my bedroom, covered with volume of books and a couple of jotters with scribbles, notes, poems, articles, romance, and a lot of beautiful works that I did while in the university, and high school. And it dawned on me:  I'VE BEEN A WORD ARTIST, and I didn't even know it.

*This realization brought confidence with it. Thass how the pen met with it demise, and ever since then, it's been bleeding in my grip.

Prince Chukwujindu

Comments